Member Wellness Support Program
SVMA Member Wellness Support Program
The SVMA subsidizes professional counselling services for members through Professional Psychologists and Counsellors (PPC). PPC is based in Saskatoon but provides access to over 40 therapists across the province.
Features of the Member Wellness Support Program are:
- The Wellness Program is a member service included with your SVMA registration.
- The Wellness Program is open to Veterinarians and Registered Veterinary Technologists and are eligible immediately upon approval of membership.
- Services are provided by registered psychologists and social workers. PPC has one centralized intake (for quality control), counselling services are available throughout the province, and virtual sessions may be an option. Contact PPC for more information.
- Four (4) counselling hours per calendar year. Different therapists charge different rates and costs over and above $135 per hour per session are paid by the member. Additional hours can often be covered by a member’s extended health plan.
- At no time will the SVMA know the identity or geographic area of persons using the service. PPC bills SVMA for all services anonymously, ensuring complete privacy for every user.
- PPC will provide intake, sourcing, referral, and payment to the therapist.
For more information or to make an appointment, contact:
Professional Psychologists & Counsellors (PPC)