Required: Registrar/CEO for the Saskatchewan Veterinary Medical Association
Required: Registrar/CEO for the Saskatchewan Veterinary Medical Association (SVMA).
The Registrar is the chief administrative officer of the Association and is appointed by Council. The Registrar works with Council to manage the affairs of the Association and to ensure the Association fulfills its mandate to serve and protect the public.
The responsibilities of the Registrar include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the Association meets its legislated mandate to serve and protect the public interest.
- Providing strategic guidance, support, and resources to Council and its Committees.
- Developing, recommending, and/or implementing bylaw amendments, policies, plans, and directions established by Council.
- Building and managing professional relationships with Council and its Committees, registrants of the Association, the public, and Government.
- Ensuring Council is kept informed of regulatory issues within the professional practice of registrants.
- Ensuring registrants of the Association comply with The Veterinarians Act, 1987 (herein the Act), the SVMA bylaws, operational policies, and other relevant legislation.
- Working with the Secretary-Treasurer to ensure the finances of the Association remain within the annual budget approved by Council.
- Ensuring the Association’s registries of veterinarians, veterinary technologists, and students are maintained and current.
- Receiving complaints from the public and registrants and, if necessary, forwarding these to the Professional Conduct Committee.
- Providing support to the Professional Conduct and Discipline Committees to ensure the Association’s complaints process operates without bias and in a timely manner to serve and protect the public interest.
- Ensuring registrants meet the Association’s continuing education and professional development requirements.
- Administration of the SVMA Office which includes, but is not limited to, maintaining a safe work environment for staff, ensuring Association records are stored securely, maintaining and updating the website, and addressing office equipment requirements.
A complete list of the job description and duties are available on request.
- Profound commitment to the work and success of the Association.
- Knowledge of the Act, SVMA bylaws, operational policies, and other relevant legislation.
- Attendance at Council meetings, AGM, Canadian Council of Veterinary Registrar meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Foster a positive and professional working relationship with Council members and SVMA staff.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Skills in conflict resolution and problem-solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain effective and professional relationships.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and managerial experience.
- Must be a Veterinarian and eligible for membership in the SVMA
Forty hours per week located in the SVMA office in Saskatoon, SK.
Applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter explaining their interest and how their experience pertains to the position. Please include the name of three (3) references. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please submit application to: email@example.com